Mittwoch, 29. Mai 2013

Amsterdam

So it has been like 3 weeks since Amsterdam...I am so behind blogging!
Amsterdam was really chill and fun. We took the train there which was really long because we had to transfer like 3 times. I did a lot of homework so that was good though. Kara, her boyfriend, Ashley, Han, Sam, Charlie, and I went. We got there and walked to our hostel which was basically in the Red Light District. It had a bunch of coffee shops, a cheese place, and sex shops close by. Sam and I went exploring right away because we didn't want to waste time sitting around. We walked into the cheese shop and tried some cheese and then met up with Ashley where we got the coca shots which was really good. After that we met up with Han and Charlie and got some food and then went on the boat tour with everyone. It was really nice and relaxing and we were able to see a lot. It was a really long tour though. After that I think we went to a coffee shop and then walked around and chilled by the train station and got a couple of beers. Ashley and I shared a brownie and after that we went and walked around the red light district at night. It was really surreal and strange to see the girls in the windows. Saturday we got coffee and then we walked a lot trying to find and went to the Anne Frank House which I am really glad I did. It was chilling when I first walked in and I learned a lot. It was devastating. We got lucky when we got there because Ashley just happened to see some of her friends so we were able to join the line with them which saved us a lot of time. After that we went to get food at a hostel restaurant which was chill. We drank a lot there of course because there was a deal on drinks. After we went to relax and take a break at the hostel ( that is when I called Mary and found out that Beth had passed away. I had a feeling it would happen while I was there and talking to her and my dad was really sad. I walked up to the room crying and told Ashley what happened while she was talking to some guy in our room. I told her and my dad that I would go to Colorado as soon as I could. I didn't want to stay inside so Sam and Ashley and I went to get some ice cream and then back to the hostel) and then met up with Kara and her bf and Han and Charlie for drinks again. That night we also went to the coffee shop where I asked the lady if there was stuff in the brownies..like an idiot. haha and then we went to get waffles which were really good. There was also a moment of silence for the holocaust victims that weekend so there was a city corner cornered off for that. We did not go though.
Sunday we woke up and got some coffee and then walked to the Van Gogh museum. We took pictures in front of the I Amsterdam sign and then killed time by buying our postcard and shot glasses and Starbucks. Sam and I went back to the museum while Ashley shopped. After that we got some food and then headed back to the train station to head back to Marburg. It was a fun weekend but stressful because of the bad news I got. When I got back to Marburg I Skyped with Mary to book my flight for the next day and got very little sleep but was relieved to know that I was going home.

creepiest moment in Amsterdam: the sketch people staying in our hostel with us that were obviously on drugs and the hostel location...no modesty and Ashley making me laugh by asking me if I wanted to laugh and then seeing the guys in the bathroom.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen